The halfback of Real Gareth Bale described the time spent in the Madrid’s club.
– You came to Real in summer 2013. How would you describe this period of your career?
– It is an outstanding time. Real — a great club which is expected too much. I have come here and and put forth myself. We have won four trophies which is quite good result, but we strive for more.
This time is full of good moments. I think, I keep on improving my skills of controlling a ball more and more.
Premier league is mostly played on quick and sharp counterattacks from one goal to another, but La Liga is mainly focused on controlling a ball. The latter component seems to be significantly improved, as well as in finalizing the attacks. Generally, I am in progress, but I feel that there are still a lot of things to work on.
– You helped Real to win “La Desima” (10th Champions League title) in the first season. What did you feel about that?
– I remember when I came to the club, and the president told that me that I was bought to win the tenth Champions League title.
I came to Real for playing in the Champions League and winning this tournament. It is just great I managed to do so in a debut season. After the triumph we have witnessed so many magnificent moments, especially upon the return to Madrid and celebration with fans at Sibeles Square. Everything was just great — I will never forget it.
– Is it possible to call a goal to Atletico in extra time of the Champions League Finals the main moment of your career?
– Yes, it was definitely very significant moment. I remember everything was going on very slowly. The ball had hanged in the air, and I only thought of how I could hit it more precisely in order to score— Bale said.